This article is intended for informational purposes only and does not constitute any legal advice.
Indonesia issued the Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Number 27 of 2021 on the Restrictions of Foreigners Entry into Indonesian Territory in the Period of Restrictions for Emergency Community Activities (“MOLHR 27/2021”) which came into on July 21 st , 2021.
The MOLHR 27/2021 regulates the restriction of foreigners to enter into the territory of Indonesia during the Emergency Limitation on Public Movement Activities (“PPKM”).
Exemption for foreigners to enter the territory of Indonesia or transit at Indonesian territory during the PPKM applies for:
- Foreigners holding diplomatic Visas and service Visa;
- Foreigners holding diplomatic Stay Permits and official residence permit;
- Foreigners holding a Limited Stay Permits and Permanent Stay Permits ;
- Foreigners with the aim of health and humanity; and
- the crew of the conveyance that came with the tool to carry it.
Foreigners as referred above may enter the territory of Indonesia after fulfilling the health protocol in accordance with the provisions of the legislation. The health protocol are including but not limited to:
- the results of Reverse Transcriptase-Polymerase Chain Reaction (RT-PCR) are negative for Covid-19, which are still valid and can be checked via QR-Code;
- Evidence of having received a full dose of Covid-19 vaccine;
- Letter of statement in English stating that you are willing to enter quarantine for at least 8 (eight) days in quarantine facilities or health service facilities according to health protocols.
Please also note that those requirements may be updated from time to time by the government.
New application for a limited stay permit is open but it is only designated for onshore application (which means the foreigner is already in Indonesian territory).
The government does not inform when the PPKM will be elapsed. The current situation is that the government keeps extending the PPKM every week starting from 3 July 2021. In the event of the PPKM has elapsed, the foreigner may apply for the visa that is declared open by the Indonesian government.
Therefore, at the time we produce this article, the foreigners who are not listed as having the exemption to enter Indonesian territory are temporarily not allowed to enter into Indonesia until further notice from the government.
Regulation of the Minister of Law and Human Rights of the Republic of Indonesia Number 27 of 2021 on the Restrictions of Foreigners Entry into Indonesian Territory in the Period of Restrictions for Emergency Community Activities (“MOLHR 27/2021”)
Circular Letter Number M.HH-01.GR.02.07 of 2021 on Visa Provisions, Entry Marks and Immigration Stay Permit.